Preventative care is the best kind of medicine, right?! Absolutely!
Here are a few ways you could be soothing your well being from home on a regular basis...
1. Exercise: Movement in general helps prevent stagnation or “stuckness” in the body which can lead to problems for digestion, joint function, blood flow, toxin release, bowl movements and psychological health.
2. Water: Staying hydrated means your body can wash out any unwanted nutrients, bacteria or virus’ more easily and it creates more elasticity in soft tissues so less injuries occur.
3. Massaging acupuncture point liver 3: This point is all about moving bodily fluids effectively around the body. It creates pain relief, mood elevation and can be used to detoxify the body. This acupuncture point is located in the soft space between the big toe and the second toe.
4. Celery: Curb irritation by chewing on a fresh stick of celery or blend it up with beets and carrots for a smoothie or juice. Use celery seeds in sautéed vegetable dishes too. Celery is used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine as a nutritional supplement to “smooth and regulate” irritability.
5. Deep breaths: Taking deep breathes will even out your mood and calm your nervous system almost immediately due to the effect oxygen has on our bodies. Getting more oxygen in general has the benefit of feeding our muscles and creating less of a likelihood of injury as well.
6. Eat seasonal foods: Your body uses the change in climate to regulate itself so eating foods that are naturally available at any given time of year is always the best way to nourish your body and ensure better well being. Notice how you crave grains in the fall when your body needs to stock up for warmth and fresh berries in the spring when detoxing and cooling off is important to do before the summer heat.
7. Sleep tight: Getting 6-8 hours of Z’s a night is important for all the systems in our bodies so opt for health by hitting the pillow a little earlier.
Keep your chin up as the weather gets cooler,
and pop in for your wellness session with us soon to stay on top of your health.